Welcome to the #1 Civic Type R Forum and Civic Type R community dedicated to Civic Type R owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Civic Type R Forum today!

Who are the reputable tuners for the type R ?

State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
type r
I am currently expecting my CTR to arrive in July. although its going to be an awesome car right out of the box, i believe the car will be super amazing with alittle more power. since i have never modded a honda before, i wanted to know who the current reputable tuners are for Honda. I am looking to take the car to 360 to 400 hp with the following mods : cold air intake, upgraded compressor wheel, tune, and exhaust. Nothing crazy, just alittle more reliable ooomph!

Jmo19d

State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Honda Civic Type R
I am currently expecting my CTR to arrive in July. although its going to be an awesome car right out of the box, i believe the car will be super amazing with alittle more power. since i have never modded a honda before, i wanted to know who the current reputable tuners are for Honda. I am looking to take the car to 360 to 400 hp with the following mods : cold air intake, upgraded compressor wheel, tune, and exhaust. Nothing crazy, just alittle more reliable ooomph!
Looks like Hondata is already making a FlashPro for the 1.5L turbo motor. They pulled over 20+hp and 30+tq out of the 1.5 so I think they are gonna really pull some power out of the Type R.

I suppose the Flashpro is not really a tune though... even though it provides a base map you will most likely need to get it tuned. Honestly KingMotorSports in Wisconsin is probably where I am going to go. It's nowhere close to me but they are the best Honda guys in the business and they always have the best Mugen parts. A car like this needs good quality aftermarket parts installed!

AZCivicR

State
AZ
Country
United States
You guys know if Hondata tunes will affect the factory warranty on the Type R?

I've read some where that with the Civic Si, Hondata tunes will not affect the warranty.

What I Drive
HR-V Sport 2020
Any tuning or modification to get better power output would affect your warranty of the vehicle, if you was bringing it in for corrosion problems for say it wouldn't affect it, but anything like engine warranty would be, due to not being standard factory output. If you have anymore concerns please feel free to contact us at Honda Boston

Robbie
Sales Executive

Civic Type R Posts