Welcome to the #1 Civic Type R Forum and Civic Type R community dedicated to Civic Type R owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Civic Type R Forum today!

Hello

State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
type r
Hi everyone,
i am new to Honda, but looking forward to my CTR. i already know i will be doing a few mods so any suggestions will be helpful.

clevelandtyper

CivicFan

Administrator
State
CA
Country
United States
Welcome, whats the ETA on your order? I think once the new Type R arrives you'll see plenty of tunes to start and later bigger turbo upgrades.

Hi everyone,
i am new to Honda, but looking forward to my CTR. i already know i will be doing a few mods so any suggestions will be helpful.

clevelandtyper

OP
C
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
type r
Thread Starter #3
the dealership is getting their first one in about a week which is already sold to someone else. i am getting the second one in mid July.

State
NV
Country
United States
the dealership is getting their first one in about a week which is already sold to someone else. i am getting the second one in mid July.
Similar to my situation, first two are sold and I'm third in line. Is your dealer asking MSRP or Adjusted Market Value?

OP
C
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
type r
Thread Starter #5
Msrp

Jmo19d

State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Honda Civic Type R
After owning this car for two days I can say this.... I would pay ten to fifteen thousand more than MSRP for a car like this. I honestly can't even describe how good this car is. It is hands down the best Honda I have ever been in as far as being the complete package!

I paid 5k over and smiled the whole time filling out the paperwork. This is a front wheel drive supercar.... anyone that doubts that won't after they drive it and they won't think about what they paid for it either. This car deletes those thoughts 5 seconds after sticking your foot in the gas pedal.

State
TX
Country
United States
Congrats man, I'm so excited to read this while I'm still waiting on mine. Can you post some pictures?

After owning this car for two days I can say this.... I would pay ten to fifteen thousand more than MSRP for a car like this. I honestly can't even describe how good this car is. It is hands down the best Honda I have ever been in as far as being the complete package!

I paid 5k over and smiled the whole time filling out the paperwork. This is a front wheel drive supercar.... anyone that doubts that won't after they drive it and they won't think about what they paid for it either. This car deletes those thoughts 5 seconds after sticking your foot in the gas pedal.

Jmo19d

State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Yes, sure. I tried to upload a few but the size was too large. I am going to put them on my PhotoBucket and then post them here shortly.

State
NV
Country
United States
Congrats [MENTION=46]Jmo19d[/MENTION] did the dealer specify any required break in routine? Any quirks you find in the car that you dislike so far?

Jmo19d

State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Hey TypeRsenal... they didn't specify, just sold me the warranty lol. I was planning on reading the manual tonight and seeing if there are any recommendations.

Absolutely nothing I don't like at this point. I'm sure I will bitch about the tires at some point.... they are great tires and have superb grip but I had these on my wife's Nismo Juke and they lasted around 17,000 miles max. Not a long life tire but a great track performer.

On to a few pictures.

AZCivicR

State
AZ
Country
United States
I ordered the same color. Can't decide if I want the side moldings. How are you liking the seats?

CivicFan

Administrator
State
CA
Country
United States
Big congrats [MENTION=46]Jmo19d[/MENTION], glad to have you on board.[welcome]

Jmo19d

State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Thanks TypeRFan! Good to be here!

AZcivicR, the seats are very nice quality and support. I am a bigger guy, 220 lbs and 6 ft tall, and these seats aren't too small for me. They seem like they will really support a pretty broad range of driver size in my opinion. Just like every other aspect of the car so far.... the seats live up to the hype.

State
TX
Country
United States
Good hear this too as I'm about your built. Did you purchase a dealer allocation or pre-ordered it?

Thanks TypeRFan! Good to be here!

AZcivicR, the seats are very nice quality and support. I am a bigger guy, 220 lbs and 6 ft tall, and these seats aren't too small for me. They seem like they will really support a pretty broad range of driver size in my opinion. Just like every other aspect of the car so far.... the seats live up to the hype.

AZCivicR

State
AZ
Country
United States
Thanks man I appreciate the reply. My biggest fear was waiting for a car and then not being able to get comfortable in it.

Jmo19d

State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Good hear this too as I'm about your built. Did you purchase a dealer allocation or pre-ordered it?
Niether.... I called on Friday to a dealer about 60 miles from me and they just pulled one off the truck 2 hours before hand. I told them how much for a deposit... they told me the amount and I reserved it, picked it up next day. It was lucky as f@#k honestly... I couldn't believe I got it.

State
TX
Country
United States
Niether.... I called on Friday to a dealer about 60 miles from me and they just pulled one off the truck 2 hours before hand. I told them how much for a deposit... they told me the amount and I reserved it, picked it up next day. It was lucky as f@#k honestly... I couldn't believe I got it.
Talk about perfect timing. I've called several dealers and all of them are pre-sold.

Civic Type R Posts