Welcome to the #1 Civic Type R Forum and Civic Type R community dedicated to Civic Type R owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Civic Type R Forum today!

All-season wheels/tires (New member)

City
Newark
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Type R
Hello,
What have you done for all-season/winter tire setups?

Would 18's 18x8.5 +40 on 245/40r18 cause any issues? Looking for an all-season setup for winter but not sure if it will cause issues with clearance with breaks... thank you!

(Was looking at Flow One Race Spec F3 wheels with BFGoodrich G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S PLUS tires for my '21 Type R)

City
Fort Morgan
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Honda Type R
2021 Type R - recently changed out wheels n tires (why go down to 18" dia, will have ODD Looking space in fender wells - TO ME)
my following wheel purchase
pushed FACE OF my Tire/Wheel outward by 1" - they are now flush with fenders (some people buy Spacers to do this - mine came about due to Wheels i selected)
STOCK Wheels are 20 x 8.5
Niche Torsion Blue 20x9 - 35mm offset - 5/120 bolt pattern required - 35 lbs each - plus 4 Concentric Hub Space Rings (to align so required optional Lug Nuts SNUG UP in alignment) RED 14x1.5 lug nuts (20 required)
Michelin Pilot AS-4 tires (web pages recommend these as Top Pick) 245/30/20
SHOP AROUND - often buy all from One Quality TIRE STORE installer - tell them you are getting quotes (get BEST Price)

Attachments

State
NV
Country
United States
Looks great!

Civic Type R Posts